Email me at LC@alifeofauthenticity.com
Hello, and welcome to my site, A Life of Authenticity!
I am L.C., a 40 something-year-old single mom of two. We live in central North Carolina and I work as a corporate attorney during the day.
As a single mom, I’ve experienced my share of peaks and valleys, and twists and turns in life. But, in spite of the valley moments, God has delivered me to the other side.. to the victorious side!
Yes, I have a few bumps and bruises as evidence of my time in the valleys, but I’ve also gained wisdom.
In today’s society where everyone’s performing for a camera and people put their lives on display for “likes” and “follows”, I created A Life of Authenticity to be a forum for women, particularly single moms, to be REAL.
A safe space for women to have Real Talk; to share their struggles without judgment.
A place for women to find solidarity in a world that can be so isolating.
So often we feel like we are the only person dealing with a particular issue, but in reality, we are NOT!
About the Blog
A Life of Authenticity is my small piece of the internet where I share the wisdom I’ve gained on topics involving raising kids, relationships, career moves, money matters, faith and inspiration. I offer practical truths with my faith as the backdrop upon which I formulate advice and tips to encourage, inspire and empower readers to live an abundant and authentic life.
Life has its challenges and sometimes it’s really hard to push through! But for some reason in our current society, many people walk around with this facade that Life is Good…ALL.The.Time.
Don’t get me wrong…Life is good and I am truly blessed.
But let’s keep it REAL…Life is not good all of the time. Sometimes it sucks!
Sometimes, we may experience things that we don’t know how to handle. Or we know that there is something better but we don’t know how to achieve it.
Then… Ask L.C.!
If I don’t have an answer from my personal experience, I will do the necessary research to get you an answer.
However, at the end of the day, these posts are my opinion…YOU, my reader-friend, have to decide what’s right for you. YOU must be TRUE to yourself, your beliefs and your emotions.
My hope is that you leave my site encouraged, uplifted, empowered and one step closer to living a life of authenticity.
I look forward to connecting with You, here at my virtual ‘kitchen table’ on the web where we can chat over some hot chocolate!
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this website are for informational purposes only. It is not the intent of this website or its owner to give legal advice. Should you require legal advice please seek the advice of an attorney licensed to practice law in your state or country. No attorney-client relationship is created by your accessing this website.
(You knew that was coming!! )
A FEW FUN FACTS:
- I am an Afro-Latina American, born and raised in NYC.
- I mentioned that I’m a Jesus girl. All that means is I am a Christian. My faith is my compass in navigating this life, but my faith is mine. I’m not here to push any religion on you. To do so would be the complete opposite of a Grace-filled experience (which is what I hope you experience while visiting this site).
- My two kids are 14 years apart (yes you read that right)! My son is 19 and my daughter is 5 yrs old.
amwas transitioning to natural hair, so you’ll note a few different looks throughout this page. I am having fun with my hair right now. I’ve reverted back to perming my hair! You’ll see an update soon. LOL
- I was once part of a dance troupe which used to win competitions way before “that” show …. (yeah that one) was a trending.
- My new love is Zumba. I would go every day if I could.
- I love to coupon and I’m pretty good at it! 😉
- My drink of choice is Pepsi.
- I hate the smell of coffee…it actually makes me want to gag. (Hence my invitation to have a cup of hot chocolate at the “kitchen table”).
Send me an email LC@alifeofauthenticity.com
Follow me on Twitter @LC_ALOA
Connect with me on Facebook.